This recipe is for you if you want to make a homemade Valentine's Cake but are a beginning baker. We have heart eyes for a Valentine's Day cake in the shape of a heart. This funfetti vanilla cake recipe is light, fluffy, moist, and wonderfully delightful. To dress up this delightful cake, it is surrounded with vanilla frosting and decorated with brightly colored sprinkles. It's the perfect homemade Valentine's Day cake to share with family and friends. Express your feelings with a heart-shaped cake that is as easy to make as it is delicious.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Cup + 1 tbsp olive oil (recommend Joy)
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3-1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 6 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- optional: additional sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Grease and flour three 6-inch baking pans.
- In a large mixing basin, sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl until well mixed. At the very end, fold in the sprinkles with as little mixing as possible.
- Fill the greased and floured pans with the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 340°F, or until the centers are springy to the touch.
This cake recipe is moist and tasty, and while most people prefer a basic white cake, many individuals prefer a funfetti cake mix. For this Valentine's Day, create this homemade cake for the people you care about and pair it with a charming card and perhaps an arrangement of flowers to make it a great Valentine's Day. Share your thoughts on how to express and share love every day with us on Instagram @yourolivoamigo.