Peaches, apricots, nectarines and plums all have a short season and we must take full advantage! For this fun dessert recipe, we’re grilling up stone fruit skewers with Olivo Amigo Olive Oil and cinnamon, then dipping into more olive oil and topping with a dollop of whipped cream. Kids and adults alike will love this dish.
- 6 Pieces of Assorted Stone Fruit (Nectarines, Apricots, Peaches, or Plums)
- 1 Premade Pound Cake (Typically found in the bakery section or in the freezer dessert section)
- 2 Tablespoons Olivo Amigo Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp Cinnamon
- Coarse Sugar, for sprinkling
- Olive Oil, for dipping
- Whipped Cream, for serving
- Preheat a grill on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Using a knife, penetrate the fruit with the tip of the knife then slide the knife around the pit of the stone fruit until a complete cut circle is made. Gently twist the separated halves of the fruit in opposite directions and pull. Once fully separate, remove the pit with a spoon. Discard the pit. Cut the fruit into about 1-inch cubes. Repeat until all fruit is cubed.
- Cut Pound cake into 1-inch cubes.
- On metal or soaked wood skewers (soak for at least 15 minutes in water so the wood doesn’t burn,) alternate skewering cubes of stone fruit and cake.
- Once all cake and fruit are skewered, brush the fruit and cake with Olivo Amigo Olive Oil and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place prepared skewers on the grill, lower the heat to medium. Grill for 2-3 minutes then turn ¼ rotation. Continue to turn every 2-3 minutes until all sides have been cooked, about 10 minute total. The fruit will be soft, warm, and slightly caramelized.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Serve with a side of Olivo Amigo Olive Oil for dipping and with a dollop of whipped cream.
This is the perfect, no guilt, delicious treat to enjoy making and eating with the whole family! It goes perfect with our Vitality Olive Oil with its notes of fig and apple. Enjoy!