This recipe is the perfect dish to impress your guests and enjoy with some crusty bread and a nice crisp glass of white wine! Roasting your own peppers may seem tedious, but in this recipe I’m using a hands off approach where the skins will slide right off after roasting. Serve with an extra drizzle of Olivo Amigo Joy Olive Oil and dig in!
- 3 pounds mixed bell peppers and chiles, (I used 2 red, 2 yellow, 2 orange, and 1 poblano) seeded, cut off of cores into quarters
- 6 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- ⅓ cup Olivo Amigo Joy Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces. fresh mozzarella
- Basil leaves (for serving)
- 1 tablespoon Spark balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Toss peppers, chiles, garlic, and Olivo Amigo Joy Olive Oil in a Dutch oven or heavy roasting pan; season with salt and pepper and toss again to coat. Cover and roast, tossing occasionally, until peppers are very tender, 2–2½ hours. Let cool.
- Arrange the roasted peppers on a platter. Top peppers with mozzarella and basil. Measure out 3 Tbsp. of the oily juices left behind and transfer to a small bowl. Add vinegar; season with salt. Stir to combine, then drizzle dressing over salad.
- The peppers can be roasted 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.
Not feeling up to the task of roasting your own peppers? Go ahead and use jarred pre-made roasted peppers. Make sure to add plenty of Olivo Amigo Joy Olive Oil and balsamic to make sure the flavor of the dish is still elevated.