Adding olive oil to your morning coffee is an easy and delicious way to reap the many health benefits of extra virgin olive oil.
There are many health benefits of olive oil and adding olive oil to coffee can help slow the body's absorption of caffeine, which can make it easier for the body to process and can prolong the effects of the caffeine.
The addition of olive oil in coffee has been increasing in popularity over the past several years and Starbucks recently introduced a new line of coffee beverages infused with olive oil that will launch this year.
The best part about adding olive oil to coffee is that you can do it at home! Simply add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to your morning coffee our follow this quick and easy protein mocha EVOO coffee recipe:
Protein Mocha Coffee with Olivo Amigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
What You'll Need:
- Coffee Maker
- 1 cup of brewed coffee
- 1 scoop of chocolate collagen protein powder
- 1 tbsp of unsalted grass fed butter
- 1 splash of nut milk
- 1 tbsp of Olivo Amigo extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Brew 8-12 ounces of coffee
- Place the coffee and all ingredients, except the cinnamon, in the blender. Mix on high for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour into cup and top it off with a dash of cinnamon and/or drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Stir and enjoy
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.