Brussels sprouts are truly an amazing veggie. They are packed with vitamins, nutrients, fiber & antioxidants! This recipe by Lisa Lipari brings out the best in our favorite cruciferous treat. Their crispy-tender texture combined with sweet honey creates a simple flavorful dish!
- 1lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp JOY extra virgin olive oil or VITALITY extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey; divided
- Sea salt and pepper; to taste
- Goat cheese; optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut stems from each brussels sprout & remove tough outer leaves. Cut into quarters and add to a large bowl.
- Add to bowl: 2 tbsp JOY or VITALITY extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp honey, and a generous pinch of sea salt and pepper. Mix to coat evenly.
- Add to the baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake at 400 degrees until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside; approximately 20-30 minutes depending on size. Stir halfway through!
- Once done, drizzle cooked Brussels with remaining 1 tbsp honey. Add a pinch of salt & pepper, goat cheese (if using), and an extra drizzle of JOY!
These slightly sweet brussels sprouts would pair perfectly with your favorite roasted or grilled proteins. They would also be delicious in a salad with fruit and nuts! Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you want to see more amazing recipes and inspiration, be sure to check us out of instagram @yourolivoamigo!