If you are looking for the perfect summer side dish, look no further than this watermelon feta “pizza” with serrano infused olive oil. It is simila...
Try this adventurous twist on the traditional bread and pepperoni pizza with this sweet and savory watermelon pizza. It will evoke all the tastes of summer along with a delicious splash of our plum-infused balsamic vinegar!
- 1 watermelon, cut into large, round slices
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Olivo Amigo Olive Oil, plus extra for finishing
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ of a red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped, plus extra whole leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Plum-infused Balsamic vinegar, for finishing
- 2 teaspoons Olivo Amigo Elevate Spices Blend
- Cut the round watermelon slice into 4 to 6 wedges, but keep them arranged into a circle.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, serrano, and salt. Set aside and let the flavor combine for 5 minutes.
- To the serrano infused olive oil, add the sliced red onion and chopped mint. Toss to combine.
- Add the serrano infused olive oil mixture over the top of the watermelon slices.
- Sprinkle the feta over the top and add the extra mint leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with spicces
Not feeling the spice? Simply leave out the serrano and salt and let the Olive Oil go to work and shine in this dish! Modify this recipe as you desire! Enjoy!