Indulge in the exquisite flavors of our Upside Down Pear Puff Pastry, a delightful dessert that showcases the harmonious combination of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This recipe takes the classic concept of an upside-down tart and elevates it to new heights with the addition of these Mediterranean gems. The richness of olive oil adds a luxurious depth to the dish, while the tangy sweetness of balsamic vinegar enhances the natural flavors of the succulent pears.
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 package frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Olivo Amigo Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Olivo Amigo Spark Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Thaw the frozen puff pastry according to the package instructions. Once thawed, gently roll out each sheet with a rolling pin to smooth out any creases.
- Cut each sheet into 6 rectangles, resulting in a total of 12 rectangles.
- Drizzle 2-3 teaspoons of honey on each parchment-lined baking sheet, evenly spacing them apart.
- Arrange the sliced pears on top of the honey, distributing them evenly among the rectangles.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the pears and honey, ensuring they are well coated.
- Place a puff pastry rectangle on top of each pear and honey layer, gently pressing down to seal the edges. Brush the top with olive oil.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time for 15-20 minutes, or until the puff pastry turns golden brown and puffs up.
- Remove from the oven and let the pastries cool for a few minutes. Carefully flip each tart upside down onto a serving plate, allowing the caramelized pears to be on top.
- Serve the upside-down puff pastry with pears warm. Optionally, you can dust them with powdered sugar or serve with whipped cream for added sweetness. Enjoy!
With every bite, you'll experience a symphony of tastes that perfectly balances sweet and savory. Get ready to savor the caramelized pears atop a flaky puff pastry, accented by the subtle notes of olive oil and the gentle acidity of balsamic vinegar. Prepare to impress your guests or simply treat yourself to a divine dessert that celebrates the magic of these Mediterranean ingredients.