TAKE A BREATHER, YOU DESERVE IT
Managing everything going on in your life can be hard. Take this time for yourself to take a breath, read this article, and let us help you relax!
Look, we all need some time to just breathe throughout the day. It seems so simple, but oftentimes we get so caught up in what we’re doing that we forget to take a few minutes to check in with ourselves and make sure we’re okay.
Don’t worry, we got you. These helpful tips give some information on the science behind deep breathing and how it can reset your mood. These three facts below help to show how amazing deep breathing really is:
- The way you breathe affects your whole body. Breathing exercises are a good way to relax, reduce tension, and relieve stress to boost your mood.
- Breathing exercises are easy to learn. You can do them whenever and wherever you want, and you don't need any special tools or equipment to do them.
- You can do different exercises to see which work best for you.
One specific method called “Belly Breathing” is the most useful way to regulate stress and anxiety.
- Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position.
- Put one hand on your belly just below your ribs and the other hand on your chest.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, and let your belly push your hand out. Your chest should not move.
- Breathe out through pursed lips as if you were whistling. Feel the hand on your belly go in, and use it to push all the air out.
- Do this breathing 3 to 10 times. Take your time with each breath.
- Notice how you feel at the end of the exercise.
We also value the art of affirmations and manifestations. Here are some of our favorite affirmations that you can repeat every day, night, or whenever you want!
- I am open to new things every day.
- I am creating the life of my dreams.
- My body is full of energy and strength.
- I am letting go of fear and worry.
- There are no limits to what I can achieve.
- I am capable of ANYTHING.
- Today I will learn and grow.
- I am worthy of everything the universe gives to me.
- I am one step closer to my goal everyday.
- I let go of what no longer serves me and will be embracing all opportunities.
A pillar of who Olivo Amigo is is nourishing and loving your body, which runs so much deeper than what is on the surface. If you try any techniques or have any suggestions, let us know on our instagram @yourolivoamigo !