Need something different for a veggie main or side? These cabbage steaks have you covered. They are savory, hearty, and flavorful thanks to VITALITY extra virgin olive oil. Plus, the sweet drizzle makes for a fun flavor combo!
Roasted Cabbage Steaks:
- 1 head cabbage, outer leaves removed
- ⅛ cup VITALITY extra virgin olive oil; plus additional for topping
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
Sweet Mustard Drizzle:
- 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pomegranate arils
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice cabbage into pieces roughly ¾” to 1” thick. Discard the tough center stem section.
- Coat liberally with VITALITY extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Add to the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven until crispy, slightly caramelized, and fork tender. Mine took about 30-35 minutes.
- While cabbage steaks are roasting, prepare the sweet mustard drizzle. Mix together equal parts stone ground mustard with maple syrup.
- Once cabbage steaks are done, top with VITALITY extra virgin olive oil and sweet mustard drizzle. Additional toppings shown include parsley, a squeeze of lemon, & pomegranate arils!
These cabbage steaks would be perfect as a main dish served with a side salad of chickpeas and arugula. They would also be a delicious side to all of your favorite meat dishes!
Let us know what you think about this post, and don't forget to follow us on Instagram @yourolivoamigo.