Chef Kristian Mill has done it yet again! This is her children's favorite banana bread, and she appreciates how tasty it is while still providing the health advantages of extra virgin olive oil. The recipe is simple to create and will quickly become your favorite banana bread recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Vitality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add mashed bananas, two eggs and whisk together. Add the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder and salt and incorporate together.
- Next add in Vitality extra virgin olive oil and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Lastly fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the banana bread for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and set it aside to cool completely. Slice and serve.
The addition of extra-virgin olive oil makes this banana bread more moist and, in some ways, healthier than the traditional form. It will become a regular fixture in your home. Take this traditional recipe and enjoy preparing it in your kitchen with family and friends.