Looking for an easy, impressive weeknight dinner? Look no further than this Grilled Flank Steak with Salsa Verde. The balsamic vinegar in the marinade helps create beautiful caramelized grill marks as well as flavor. Pair the steak with the tangy salsa verde - it’s sure to impress!
- 1 lb Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup Vitality Olivo Amigo Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Spark Olivo Amigo Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Elevate Olivo Amigo Mediterranean Spices
- 1 cups fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons Spark Olivo Amigo Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Vitality Olivo Amigo Olive Oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the flank steak marinade. Add the steak and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and generously season with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill and grill for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning 90 degrees halfway through to get criss cross grill marks. Cook until medium/medium rare, or medium, depending on your preference, and then remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the flank steak against the grain and serve with the salsa verde for the steak. Serve immediately.
For the Salsa Verde:
- In a food processor or blender, combine herbs, garlic, vinegar, and capers. Pulse until coarsely chopped, 20 seconds. Then add Transfer to a small bowl and stir in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook to your preferred preference then slice against the grain and drizzle the salsa verde over the top. The perfect dinner for 2, or double it to feed 4! Follow along to a video of this recipe here.