Lisa Lipari has created another great dish, but this time it is dairy-free! This recipe is a lightened up comfort dish that is perfect for every season. 2 secret ingredients make it rich, velvety, and dairy-free all at once: Vitality extra virgin olive oil and coconut milk!
- 1 can (13.5oz) unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 1 package (8oz) baby bella mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Vitality extra virgin olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- Parsley; for garnish (optional)
- Pasta of choice; I used brown rice tagliatelle
- Chop mushrooms and shallot into small pieces.
- Warm 2 tbsp Vitality extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan on the stovetop.
- Add chopped mushrooms, shallot, and ½ tsp sea salt to warmed oil. Saute a few minutes and ensure all pieces are coated.
- After 2-3 minutes of sautéing, add a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce to the mushrooms and shallot. Continue sautéing 1-2 more minutes.
- Add ½ tbsp minced garlic to the pan. Continue sautéing all ingredients together an additional few minutes. Everything should be soft and browned.
- Once all ingredients are soft and browned, lower heat to a simmer.
- Add a can of coconut milk and stir.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to combine flavors.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Once cooled, add to blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add smooth, velvety mixture back to pan and heat through over low-medium heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and combine.
- Serve topped with parsley and fresh cracked pepper, if desired!
This rich and delicious dish would pair perfectly with a bright fresh salad! It is best enjoyed immediately, but leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 1-3 days. If you make this recipe or any others, let us know on our Instagram @yourolivoamigo!