Cherry Balsamic Chicken Wings
These tangy balsamic and sweet cherry baked chicken wings are one of our favorite wing flavors! The best part is there’s no messy frying oil
These tangy balsamic and sweet cherry baked chicken wings are one of our favorite wing flavors! The best part is there’s no messy frying oil! The cherry preserves caramelize in the oven leaving you with perfectly crunchy wings! So crank up the heat, sit back, and let the oven do the work!
- 1 Cup Cherry Preserves
- 1/4 Cup Olivo Amigo Spark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon toasted fennel seed
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Pounds chicken wings (party wings will have the drummie and flat separated, if using whole wings, make sure to cut at the joints and discard the tips)
- 2 Tablespoons Olivo Amigo Vitality Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon fennel pollen and/or ground toasted fennel seed
- Combine the cherries, vinegar, mustard, fennel seed, salt and garlic in a bowl until well combined.
- Place the chicken pieces in a resealable plastic bag or bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Prepare a baking sheet with foil..
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and place the wings on the prepared baking sheet. Reserve the marinade and bake the wings for 15 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven, flip, and baste with the marinade, then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to a platter and sprinkle with the fennel pollen and/or fennel seed.
Serve with a side of ranch, a sprinkle of fennel seeds and/or fennel pollen and, of course, an extra drizzle of Olivo Amigo Spark Balsamic Vinegar! Perfect for an easy dinner or game day! Enjoy!