Carrot soup is such a great option for when you want something creamy and comforting, but not super heavy. This version adds garlic and ginger for some immune boosting benefits and Vitality Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for nourishing flavor!
- 2 tbsp Vitality Extra-Virgin Olive Oil; plus additional for drizzle
- 1 shallot
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 2 lbs carrots; washed, peeled, and chopped
- 3 cups bone broth of choice
- Sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper; to taste
- Optional toppings: date syrup and pistachios
- Over medium heat, warm 2 tbsp Vitality olive oil in a stock pot. Add chopped carrots, minced ginger, minced garlic, & chopped shallot. Sauté for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add bone broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low-medium. Allow to simmer covered until carrots are tender; approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Blend smooth using an immersion blender.
- Add a generous pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Serve with toppings of choice. We added a drizzle of Vitality, date syrup, and a few pistachios for some crunch!
This soup would be the perfect side to any sandwich or even as an appetizer before a meal! It stores great in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Just give it a stir before reheating, and you have a yummy pre-prepped veggie soup for the week!