Try this delicious twist of the traditional pizza recipe with a topping of mushrooms and milk ricotta cheese! Not only is it healthy, but delicious to make for any family gathering. Bring all your friends and celebrate any event with this recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon Olivo Amigo Joy Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound pizza dough
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, torn
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Olivo Amigo Spark Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Olivo Amigo Elevate Mediterranean Spices
- 1 tablespoon fig preserves
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved fontina cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, yeast, and salt. Add the water and olive oil. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and use as directed in the recipe.
- Position the oven rack in the upper 1/3 position. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F at least 30 minutes before baking, preferably 1-2 hours ahead. If you have a baking stone, start preheating it. Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mushrooms, shallot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch each of salt, pepper, and the Mediterranean spices. Massage for 1 minute.
- On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the dough out until thin (about a 10-12 inch circle). Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the dough with the ricotta and the preserves. Add the mushrooms. Top with shaved fontina.
- Slide into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pizza, and bake another 3-5 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. Top the pizza with fresh thyme and drizzle with olive oil.