This is a delicious sweet and savory twist on the traditional salad recipe that offers a pinch of autumn goodness in every bite! Try it with a generous splash of our plum-infused balsamic vinegar for added health and tastiness!
- 1/2 cup Olivo Amigo Vitality Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Olivo Amigo Spark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olivo Amigo Elevate Spices Blend
- 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juiced, divided
- 1 teaspoon Olivo Amigo Elevate Mediterranean Spices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces salad greens spring mix, baby spinach, arugula, baby romaine, OR a combo of your favorites
- 1 cup pecan or walnut halves toasted
- Optional: Goat Cheese, Blue Cheese, or Feta
- To prepare Apple Cider Vinaigrette, measure oil, vinegar, apple juice/cider, honey, lemon juice, Mediterranean spices, salt, and pepper into a mason jar. Tightly screw on the lid and shake vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Place apple slices in a large resealable container or bag and add half the fresh lemon juice. Shake to coat.
- In a large salad bowl, layer salad greens, apple slices, pecans, dried cranberries, and cheese.
- Just before serving, dress with desired amount of Apple Cider Vinaigrette and toss until salad ingredients are evenly coated.
These make the perfect side or main dish to any meal any season. With a splash of plum-infused balsamic vinegar and a sweet apples, this offers a delicious autumn twist to the traditional salad recipe.