Asparagus Spaghetti is a traditional pasta dish from Naples, Italy. It is very simple to make, affordable, and uses readily available ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
The key is to use the highest quality ingredients like Olivo Amigo Olive Oil, fresh garlic, in-season vegetables (we are using asparagus,) and green, leafy parsley.
In less than 15 minutes you’ll have your new favorite pasta dish ready for family and friends (or have the whole bowl to yourself!) to enjoy!
- 1lb Spaghetti Noodles
- 1/2 Cup Vitality Olivo Amigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for serving
- Asparagus, tough ends removed
- 4 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, for serving
- In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring the water back to a boil and add the spaghetti noodles. Cook until al dente, about 11 minutes. Stir every few minutes to make sure the noodles don’t stick. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain the water from the pasta and set to the side.
- While you are cooking the pasta, prepare your asparagus by using a peeler to peel the asparagus lengthwise. The asparagus should resemble the shape of fettuccine noodles.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and garlic. Saute for 1 minute, then add the red pepper flakes; stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the pan (reserve the rest in case needed.) Add cooked pasta and raw asparagus to the pan. Gently toss to combine. Season with salt to taste. Add more pasta water if needed. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in half of the fresh parsley.
- To serve, plate the pasta and add a generous drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and garnish with the remaining parsley.
This dish is truly that simple to make and absolutely perfect for dinner parties! Don’t forget to garnish with extra parsley, freshly grated Parmesan, and a healthy drizzle of Olivo Amigo Olive Oil!