ACORN SQUASH SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAGER AND EVOO
This is the salad of your dreams! It’s got a little bit of everything! A homemade balsamic shallot dressing drizzled over fresh spinach, crispy bak...
This is the salad of your dreams! It’s got a little bit of everything! A homemade balsamic shallot dressing drizzled over fresh spinach, crispy baked prosciutto, nutty acorn squash, creamy goat cheese, chewy dried cranberries, and crunchy pepitas. Surprisingly easy to make, considering all the yummy ingredients! It’s a salad you definitely want to make!
- Acorn Squash, halved, seeds removed, cut into ¼” slices
- 2 Slices of Prosciutto
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach
- 2 Tablespoons Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 2 Teaspoons Pepitas
- Balsamic Dressing (Ingredients Below)
- 1 Small shallot, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons Olivo Amigo Spark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ Teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ Teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ Cup Olivo Amigo Joy Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment and arrange the squash and prosciutto on top, do not overlap. Place squash and prosciutto in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the spinach, goat cheese, dried cranberries, and pepitas between two bowls.
- Remove squash and prosciutto from the oven. Add the squash on top of the salads, and crumble the prosciutto over as well. Drizzle the balsamic dressing over the top (recipe below.)
- Place the shallot, balsamic vinegar, and red wine vinegar into a reusable jar (such as a mason jar) and stir to ensure shallot is covered with vinegar. Let the shallot marinate for 5 minutes to let the vinegar take the bite out of the shallots.
- Add the salt, sugar, black pepper, mustard, and olive oil to the jar.
- Close the lid and shake well until dressing is completely emulsified.
This salad is perfect as a side dish or an easy lunch! It’s delicious and filling! We hope you love it! Enjoy! To get the whole video of the recipe check us on Instagram - @yourolivoamigo or Olivo Amigo Youtube Channel